A bit worried about WP Cerber

In 2023, we released 10 updates aimed at improving the performance and security of WP Cerber. We also launched our own software repository to ensure an uninterrupted update process for the plugin and introduced bug bounty program with monetary reward, encouraging engineers to assist in strengthening WP Cerber’s security by identifying and reporting potential vulnerabilities. A couple of weeks ago, we launched this WP Cerber support forum to communicate with our customers openly and without censorship, a level of interaction that is not always possible on wordpress.org forums. Moreover, the embarrassingly outdated wordpress.org forum platform, reminiscent of the 90s, does not facilitate productive discussions. The final straw for my patience was the blocking of my account on wordpress.org plugin forum without any notification. We are now physically unable to respond to users there.

Can any plugin author on wordpress.org offer the same level of dedication and confidence in their creations?

I understand the convenience and some trust that comes with being in the WordPress directory, and that’s why we’re planning a return. However, our vision for WP Cerber extends beyond just being a part of the WordPress directory. We’re working diligently to ensure that WP Cerber continues to meet the needs of our clients for a secure and efficient plugin. The primary distribution platform is, and will remain, our own repository, guaranteeing uninterrupted service for our clients.

We’re planning for a return in 2024. However, it’s important to note that while this is on our agenda, our highest priority is elsewhere – on the continuous development and enhancement of the professional version of WP Cerber.

Our team and I are dedicated to the continuous development of the plugin, making it more user-friendly and ensuring its effectiveness in protecting WordPress sites in the modern digital landscape, where cyber criminals are using new AI-based tools to create viruses and mount sophisticated attacks on websites.

For the latest updates regarding WP Cerber, please visit our official website, the only official source for news: https://wpcerber.com/main/

Thanks for being WP Cerber’s advocate!

4 Likes