Cloudflare Addon cleartext

Hello,

Thanks for the great plugin, I do however have a slight issue with the Cloudflare addon as it appears to store the Cloudflare Global API key in clear text (apologies if I have this all wrong)? I imagine this means that any admin user can see it ? Is there not a way to encrypt it once its been saved? Also how about using Cloudflare Zone API keys instead of the Global?

Thanks for raising this concern. You’re right about the risks of using the Global API Key. When we first released the add-on, it was the only suitable authentication method Cloudflare supported for the API operations the add-on needed to perform.

In the upcoming update next week, we will add support for API Tokens. We will mark the Global API Key as a legacy authentication method, but it will remain available for backward compatibility so existing setups keep working.

1 Like